Flexibility of space was the key to success for the Pentecost Athletic Center at Bradenton Christian School. Located in Bradenton, FL, the school has seen an incredible increase in student population in recent years, mirroring the growth the county and region have seen in new residents. With this population growth came the need to increase the size and quality of many of the school’s programs, notably athletics, classroom and administration space. This project centers around a new two-story, 63,215 square-foot multi-purpose facility that includes four basketball courts, wrestling, volleyball, public restrooms, a kitchen with concessions to support student dining, team locker rooms, dressing rooms, ticketing, storage, meeting rooms, classrooms, a weight room and athletic training space, movable bleachers and administration offices. As a new center for the campus, the tower element at the entrance of the new facility, equipped with color changing LED lights, acts as a beacon for the students and families to find a place of gathering and creating a sense of community for the campus as a whole.
- Focus on flexibility of spaces to house multiple programs in consolidated footprint
- This facility houses classrooms, offices, athletics and student development under one roof
- Team meeting spaces on second level used as classrooms or sport spectator suites
- Shared use of athletic facilities between sports
- Concession facilities are designed to serve indoor and outdoor events and may be used as a catering kitchen for larger dining needs