WELLNESS 4D: MODELING HOLISTIC EMPLOYEE WELLBEING
In this vibrant workplace, productivity meets enjoyment through a commitment to our core values that ensure our team is kind, driven, accountable, and team oriented. Our teams work hard, play hard attitude contributes to the overall positive and fun-loving culture created within the office. The company prioritizes employee well-being, offering flexibility, comprehensive benefits, and other means of support.
Various team building events and exercises such as book clubs, site visits, volunteering, and pot lucks helped us be nominated both locally and regionally for “Best Places to Work”. This recognition along with the continued work for exciting clients such as the MLB, government entities, and local schools underscores the success we have seen in creating a positive and fulfilling work environment where employees can thrive and grow.
Beyond the mentoring and growth opportunities every day within the office there are other benefits such as the following:
- Health with option for HSA
o Paid for 100% by the company
- Dental, Vision
o Low cost and pre-tax deduction
- AFLAC supplemental insurance-pre-tax deduction
- 401K- 100% matches up to 3% contributed, 50% match up to 5%
- Life insurance policy of 25k paid for by the company
- Remote Work days after probationary period
- 1 professional registration per year paid for by FBA
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- 360 Wellness Benefits
- Non-tangibles: Volunteering, spring training games, community events, annual Halloween costume contest, annual pot luck, etc.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing and maintaining financial statements, budgets, and analytics for our clients with unwavering accuracy. The ideal candidate will have natural passion for math and intricate knowledge of assets, liabilities, equity, income, expenses, taxes and other financial transactions within an organization. The staff accountant will play an important support role, clarifying the financial outlook of our company and its clients with precise, proactive measures.
As staff accountant, you would be responsible for general ledger account reconciliations, payroll and payroll taxes, sales tax preparations and reconciliations, as well as bank, accounts receivable and accounts payable reconciliations and analysis. This position also assists with preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- A well-rounded knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standards as defined in accounting literature.
- Establishing a practice of accuracy in dealing with information (numeric and alphabetic).
- Improve general workflows and processes to accommodate business growth
- Professional appearance in attitude, dress, poise and conduct.
- Maintains accurate records
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Answer incoming calls promptly, and practices excellent phone and email etiquette with both internal and external clientele
- Work with QuickBooks Online and Desktop
- Maintains and files client’s daily paperwork such as invoices, bills, and forms to the proper location and maintaining company procedure
- Reconciles and records daily, weekly, and monthly financial transactions to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales tax, payroll and other financial transactional data, forms, and reports
- Perform other financial analytics to include preparing monthly key performance indicators (KPI’s), budget vs actual comparisons, trending analysis and other financial measurements and analytics on a monthly basis.
- Actively pursuing bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent required
- Master’s in accountancy or equivalent preferred
- Three (3) years prior experience in public or private accounting firm
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exams and actively pursuing completion of the exams preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with Thomson Reuters accounting applications is preferred
- Proficiency with accounting software such as QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, or equivalent is required
- Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a
basic private company.
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm.
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment.
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills
- Receptive to quality control review procedures including review notes and other feedback
This Job is full-time and salary is commensurate with experience. Fawley Bryant Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.